I am Carlos Patrick A. Silva, but just call me Patrick, and besides working on data-related projects, I am a husband and father of two beautiful princesses.
Currently, I am based in sunny Belém, Brazil.
Also, I love to read books and play video games and I am starting to practice writing here on this blog.
Here, I write friendly machine learning tutorials and various python development tips to help new beginners get started. I also post some of the projects I've been working on in my portfolio section. Please follow me on this blog and subscribe to my newsletter to not miss my latest articles.
I am always seeking to be inspired, to envision the unlikely, to work hard for things that are worth it, and to be surrounded by those who bring out the best in me.
Say hi on Twitter @cpatrickalves
I am an ML/MLOps Engineer
The ML engineer or MLOps engineer combines aspects of several roles and thus has cross-domain knowledge. This role incorporates skills from data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, DevOps engineers, and backend engineers. This cross-domain role builds up and operates the ML infrastructure, manages the automated ML workflow pipelines and model deployment to production, and monitors both the model and the ML infrastructure. I have more than 6 years of practical work in the design and build of scalable machine learning solutions on top of open-source and enterprise products.
My specialties are:
- Machine Engineering to help people to get models on production.
- Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) to unify the release cycle for machine learning and software applications.
- Build data and ML pipelines with Airflow, Tensorflow Extended, etc;
- Automated testing of machine learning artifacts (e.g. data validation, ML model testing, and ML model integration testing)
- Deploy Machine Learning solutions in the Cloud (GPC and AWS) or on-premises;
- Build Machine Learning models to solve Classification, Regression, and Computer Vision problems;
- Build APIs for operationalizing your models and analytics;
- Containerized Machine Learning solutions to runs in Docker and Kubernetes;
- Python development with several ML frameworks (Pytorch, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, etc.);
- Data Version Control with DVC;
- Code versioning with Github/GitLab/BitBucket;
If you want to know more about my Experience and Education, check out my Linkedin.